Monster Mashup - FAQ's
- What is Monster Mash-Up?
- Monster Mash-Up is a project put together to maximize visibility of apps & websites with app related content. Each box on the board consist of a 100 pixels. It's .10 per pixel making each box only $10 to place an icon/logo/image on. Overall it is a collage of app icons, app websites, or even app screenshots, that when a visitor hovers over a particular space, the title of the app/website would appear and if the visitor clicked on the image then it would take them directly to the app download page or website. This is a cheap and effective way to market your app or website and at the same time be apart of an exclusive project. We view this as a group marketing venture.
- Why has the Mashup board size changed?
- The board size was changed, due to customer feedback. Customers expressed concerns about visibility with board being 5,000,000 pixels; therefore, it was reduced to 1,250,00 pixels
half the size.
- Why was the price increased?
- The price was increased by $0.10/pixel because the mashup board was reduced to half the size.
- Can Android apps or sites be placed on the board?
- Yes we are accepting Android apps and Android related websites as part of this project.
- What is the point to this project?
- They're a few points to this project as listed below in our overall goals. Creating visibility and making a novelty item are the main points here. As the Monster Mash-Up board continues to fill up with icon/logos/screenshots, it generates more views and social network sharing. This in turn puts many more targeted eyes on your apps or respective websites to in a way cross promote products. The novelty end of this is once the board is filled completely will will be having a company screen print the entire board onto T-shirts & framed posters for people to purchase and show off their accomplishment of being an app developer or owner of an app related website. In our personal opinion falling under one of those categories it puts you as a developer or website owner in somewhat of an exclusive group.
- Can I use a screen shot of my app rather than my icon?
- Yes, You can choose any image you'd like but keep in mind with a screenshot it would certainly take more pixels to look good. But it would still show the title of your app when hovered over and if people clicked on your screenshot it can still take them directly to your download page.
- What is the main goals of Monster Mash-Up?
- The main goals here are to make a novelty collection of all app related content and mash them together so to speak to in a way create a small part of app history here. Another goal is to increase visibility at an affordable price to smaller indie developers that easily tend to get lost in the shuffle to huge companies that spend an excess of 250k a year in marketing alone.
- How would this benefit me in purchasing a slot on the board?
- The benefit to having an icon or app website logo on Monster Mash-Up board is that it will bring more visibility to your app or website. We have a high amount of traffic that visits the site daily and is increasing each day since Monster Mash-Up has launched. Feel free to check out our Alexa rankings for more info.
- How long will the site be live?
- The mashup will be online as long as our comapny, "Monster Mobile
Marketing" exists. However, it will be online for atleast 2 years from when
the mashup was launched, Guaranteed (December 14, 2014)!
- Can my paid slot be removed without notification?
- No we will not remove your purchased slot by any means. Once your image is uploaded to the board it stays there.
- Doesn't this just boil down to you guys making money?
- No, will we generate money from this project? Of course, what company sets out to not generate some revenue. With that said this isn't something that will make us rich by any means. If you'd like to do the math behind the project you would have to take into account the facts which are; they're 2 people working on this project, United States taxes are really no joke in terms of what they'll take out from your earnings, we have $15,000 going out in donations for great causes as listed on the Monster Mash-Up page, plus you add on promo's throughout the process, and it'd be difficult to even purchase a decent sized home with the end result of revenue earned. Our passion and willingness to give back to great organizations that have helped us along life's journey by far outweigh the sense that some people have that money = happiness
- Did the charitable donations change?
- No, it did not change. The wording has changed due to the fact some people have expressed concerns and claim to have made a report to the FTC. The Original donations amounts stated was $5,000, that's 2% of the completed value of the board. The Original wording was as follows; "After all pixels are sold we will be selling t-shirts and /or Posters as a promotion to those with places on the board. Furthermore, when all pixels are sold we will be donating $5,000 to Capabilities, Inc. Located in Elmira, N.Y., $5,000 to the Toys for Tots Foundation, and also the person/organization that purchases the largest pixel space will be able to choose another Charitable Organization that they'd like us to donate $5,000 to."! It has been changed to "After all pixels are sold we will be selling t-shirts and /or Posters as a promotion to those with places on the board. Furthermore, we will be making donations to Capabilities, Inc. Located in Elmira, N.Y., Toys for Tots Foundation, and also the person/organization that purchases the largest pixel space will be able to choose another Charitable Organization that they'd like us to donate to; each donation will be 2% of the value of all space taken on the board by December 14, 2014. (Pixel value: $0.05/pixel). Notice, donation amounts have not changed, for more information read the FAQ’s!"! We have now moved this text to the FAQ section.